MST @ MSU : Update 8

Well, with the weekend over and the eggs finally washed out of everything, camp returned to a pretty normal affair. I was still dead tired from the late night at the Observatory from the night before, so the run this morning was not that good. We are down to four campers, which is pretty rough. I didn’t run much, plus I went slow to stay with the girl at the back. The shower after felt amazing, especially since I just relaxed for a little bit after getting in.

For Astrophysics, I dropped off some forms for the instructors to fill out about the end of camp ceremonies, then slept on the couches outside of the room for the entire class period. Kathy, the leader of MST, walked past me sleeping, but it was fine as I’m pretty sure that Troy explained the late night, plus the class stayed in the room the whole time.

I got the second class off, so I finished the update for the weekend (read it here) then took an hour nap before running off to basketball. I jumped in a few of their games, winning one game of Ultimate Lightning, then watched them play some three-on-three. When we got back to Shaw, I took some kids out to the basketball court to play some four-on-four, which I reffed, before dinner.

We then went to South Kedzie to listen to Melissa Mattingly of the Honors College talk about college as a whole and the Honors College. We had to answer a few questions, but I was more upset that I couldn’t read Harry Potter 4 since we were at the front. My dad dropped off my guitar just before I took (with Mazur and Priya) three classes to the SOAR Observing Room in BPS for an extra class.

It was kind of dull, since it was cloudy down in Chile, but the explanations of what they do and how it works out for MSU to control something across the globe was pretty cool. I got some nice pictures, plus got to see Horace but couldn’t talk to him. I did find out that he’s in his late fifties, or around there…

I played a little guitar to practice, then hung out with some of the kids on the floor, then went to the RA meeting. We picked our classes, talked about chiggers, and laughed at Priya for a bunch of things. We had to pull three kids out of their rooms because of something they did earlier in the day, and Troy had a stern talking to with them.

Once everything was all settled, we went down to the lounge to finally watch Willow and play some card games. Unfortunately we couldn’t watch the movie since we needed to check out the DVD player and we weren’t allowed to after 2300. Instead, the six of us played Dirty Clubs again, which I ended up winning, then some Catchphrase. The entire game night was a lot of fun, with chigger noises and mocking Priya’s method of using hashmarks for numbers, plus the ridiculous clues that we had to give out.

It’s strange to think that there are really only four days left, I’ll be moving out in five days, then I’ll be going to a party and then home. That first week just blew past, and this one is already going by just as quickly.


Comments are closed.